Domesticity

Posted by: Karen

I had my last show this weekend, and I thought I would be sad, but I wasn't. I was so thankful that my mom came to see it. She has always come to all my shows, so I was really glad she could be at my last show ever. I'm glad Colt was there and that we could both dance one last time with the Ballroom Dance Company. I'm still a little sad to not be dancing, but I'm doing much better since I have been able to dance just a little bit more.

Now that I quit Lin's and dancing, I have had time to do fun things with Colt and our friends. Last night I made dinner for Colt and Alli and I decided to be brave and try a new recipe. I made roasted chicken in olive oil, lemon juice, and rosemary, with onions, bell peppers, and red potatoes. I was really nervous, but it actually turned out well, and Colt and Alli didn't get food poisoning or anything, so that is definitely good news. Then we went to Maggi Moos for dessert and to celebrate me being done with my advanced calc test (aka the test from hell).

I have loved getting to be a little more domestic in my spare time. This morning I wanted to wear my long pink button up shirt with my big black belt over it, but it was wrinkled, and honestly, normally I would have just given up on the outfit and dealt with it later. Instead, I pulled out my new aqua rowenta iron and ironed my shirt. I remembered that I actually really enjoy ironing. It feels good to have crisp, smooth clothes.

My family can no longer tease me about not cooking or doing other things of that nature. All I needed was a little time on my hands.

This entry was posted on 10:47 AM . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

4 comments

That chicken was gross.... That's why Colt and I ate the entire pan and practically licked our plates clean. I don't know why you're trying to convince everyone you're domestic, because clearly you are horrible at it, and should just give up.

Alright, imposter, I want my sister back. If you don't give it up right here and now, I'm coming down there to get her myself. I bet you just locked her up in a closet. Well you should know that I kind of look like Matt Damon which truth has infused me with Jason-Bourne-like skills. I'm coming for you. Actually, I'm probably watching you read this from the top of the building across the street. You're about thirty seconds from dead.

I found out that I LOVE cooking when I got married. We should share recipes

It just warms my heart to hear that you derive satisfaction from ironing! As for myself, I couldn't live without my Rowenta Advancer.

Post a Comment